1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
1 cup rolled oats
¼ cup shredded coconut
½ cup coconut oil
¼ rice malt syrup
½ tsp bicarb soda
80g dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 180° and line a square (20cm x 20cm) baking tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Add flour, oats and coconut in a large mixing bowl and combine.
3. Melt oil and syrup together in a small saucepan over low heat. Continuously stirring to combine. Remove from heat and stir through bicarb.
4. Add syrup mixture to dry ingredients and gently mix together. Pour into prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes, until cooked through.
5. Melt chocolate in microwave bowl for 15-20 seconds and drizzle over slice.
The Story Behind The Recipe
Rachel Finch and her team at BODY by Finch have worked hard to create delicious recipes that allow you to enjoy your favourites with some of the guilt removed. This is their version (which they've kindly allowed us to share here) of the classic ANZAC biscuit which is quite a bit healthier than the standard but still delicious.
Keep your eye out next week for our story on the history of the ANZAC biscuit too in our Articles.