1.5kg chopped lamb
3 medium sized potatoes
Salt, according to taste
25g curry powder
10g black mustard seeds
10g cumin powder
6 cloves garlic
Small piece ginger
1 bunch coriander leaves
1 bunch curry leaves
3 large onions
4tbsp olive oil
1. Heat 4 spoonfuls of oil in a large pot.
2. Add mustard seeds and half cook.
3. Add 1 sliced onion and cook until brown.
4. Add minced garlic and ginger.
5. Stir well to mix in oil.
6. When mixture is browned, add cumin powder and curry leaves.
7. Add turmeric powder, salt and curry powder.
8. Add chopped meat and peeled potatoes cut in cubes.
9. Stir well and lower stove heat.
10. Cover the pot with lid.
11. After five minutes, open the lid. All vapour on the lid should have fallen into the pot. Stir once again and ensure the bottom of the pot is not burnt (this loses the flavour).
12. After 4 minutes, add 4 cups of hot water into the pot and close the lid.
13. Stir every now and then until the potato is soft and sauce thickens.
14. Turn off the stove and add chopped coriander leaves into the curry.
15. Mix well and close the lid.