Did you know that more than a third of waste in household red bins is food waste? Worm farms and composting are a great way to deal with kitchen, household and garden waste while reducing your eco-footprint. Better yet, they allow you to create fantastic organic soil conditioner to use in pots or garden beds to grow super-healthy plants.
- the difference between worm farming and composting.
- how to select the best type of system for you, and where to put it
- how to set up a worm farm including feeding worms and harvesting fertiliser
- compost ingredients, proportions and layering techniques
- how to maintain healthy systems and avoid common problems
- tips for setting up communal systems.
Suitable for beginners.
- lecture-style talk and demonstration
- links and notes via email
- opportunity for questions.
- paper and pen
- water bottle.
To find out more and book tickets, click here.